Wednesday, December 17, 2008

12 Days of Christmas - Part 1



John Denver - Muppets Christmas - The 12 Days Of Christmas

I heard a version of this song on the radio when I was driving with my Mom the other day and it got me thinking, which as you all probably know by now, can be dangerous! :P You see, Mom had heard people talking on the radio about how much actually doing the 12 days of Christmas would cost in today's dollars, and then someone called in and said, "Well here's a more inventive way to do it cheaper..." And of course my brain immediately said, "How about the ETSY way of doing the 12 days of Christmas?" So, without further ado, here's the first 6 days of Christmas, with an etsy twist :) I'll post the next 6 days tomorrow!

"On the first day of Christmas my true love game to me - a partridge in a pear tree."
Here's a lovely mixed media collage of just that! Made with italian Stationary - it's only $6 right now in sushipot's shop!



"On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me - Two Turtledoves..." These lovely ornaments by GriffinCircle are made with silk, velvet, real feathers, and seed beads! Aren't they gorgeous? And only $25 for such lovely work!



"On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me - Three french hens..." By kikibonan - At $16, this is the perfect shirt to relax in this holiday season :)



"On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me - four calling birds..." Wouldn't you just LOVE to have this ornament by 00sarahelizabeth00 on your tree? I'd gladly pay the $9.95 for such beautiful work...now if only I had a tree...



"On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me - 5 golden rings..."
This lovely print by TempestStudios is only $5 - and is part of a larger Christmas series! I love the colors in this piece!



"On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me - six geese a laying..." Ok, so there's only one goose on this stocking by devzbagz - but it's so cute! And only $14 for a handmade Christmas stocking? That's a steal!



I'll be back tomorrow with the rest of the song!


6 comments:

Kate said...

Oh, this is a neat way to do the 12 days! Now I should try something like that...

panoptica said...

Oh, I love how Fozzie forgets his part of the song!!!

LazyTcrochet said...

What fun finds! I love the two turtle doves. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

THAT IS SO COOL Ruthie! You are so clever.

x0

uniquecommodities said...

Tres cool! Featuring artist AND celebrating the 12 days of Christmas!

BeadedTail said...

So fun Ruthie!